Jaisalmer Desert Safari Camp – An Amazing Experience
Posted On November 29, 2021
Blog Summary: The beauty of sand dunes and the hues of the sky and sun was something that took my breath away in Jaisalmer Desert Safari. Read the blog to know more about my incredible experience.
Table of Contents
Stuck in the hustle and bustle of daily lives, and couldn’t think of anything apart from the monotony, then Jaisalmer Desert Safari is a much-needed break for you. As a kid, I have always wanted to go to deserts and have an authentic experience along with the sand dunes. Well, my wishes did come true, and I had an amazing experience in Jaisalmer.
Jaisalmer is a desert town in Rajasthan, and it is a great experience to visit the desert. Jaisalmer desert safari is a must-visit in Rajasthan. If you are looking for taking a trip there then you need to read this blog to get to know more about the amazing experience I had in the desert safari camp Jaisalmer.
The authentic camel safari
Camel safaris in Jaisalmer are by far the best experience I have had. I rode on the camel along with the shining golden sand dunes. The bumpy ride along the sand was enthralling and was a never-felt experience.
The camel Jaisalmer desert safari taken with the Rajasthani folks will give you the experience to understand the primitive Rajasthanis. When the hues of the sun collided with the sand dunes texture, I witnessed a magnificent view that was breathtaking and enchanting. Along with the camel safari, I felt a sense of tranquillity and solace that I had never felt before. I would highly recommend everyone to take the trip to Jaisalmer and experience the amazing camel safari.
Major attractions: The abandoned village,the marvellous oasis, the magical sunset and sunrise.
Time taken: Nearly 5 to 6 hours split into two sessions of safari.
How much does it cost: Somewhere between 1500 (For sunset camel Jaisalmer desert safari) and 1859 (For overnight camel Jaisalmer desert safari)
The Thrilling Jeep Safari
The jeep safaris along the sand dunes are an enchanting experience. The jeep safaris will help you reach out to the places of the desert that are unexplored. I got to see a wide range of flora and fauna there. You’ll also come across a number of settlements where the area’s indigenous people dwell.
Explore the vast treasures of the desert while taking in the breathtaking sunset, ensuring that a camel safari is the best desert safari in Jaisalmer. The most amazing part of the safari was that I got to witness a breathtaking sunset. The sunset collided with the sand dunes of the desert, making a visual treat to my eyes.
If you are someone who can not take a camel safari, then a jeep safari is the best option for you. Jeep safaris can be taken by the elderly and kids.
Major attractions: You can visit the Sam Sand Dunes, Paholi sanctuary, Fossil Park, or Desert National Park.
Time taken: An hour of ride between the timings 5-6 am (Sunrise) and 6-7 pm (Sunset)
How much does it cost: Around 1200 ₹ per person.
Other beautiful things I got to do along with the Jaisalmer Desert Safari
After the safari, I got to eat authentic Rajasthani food made by the Rajasthani folks, which were lip-smacking and delicious. Then I stayed in the Jaisalmer camps at night. During the stay, I got to see the amazing dance narrative performance by Rajasthani folks. Then, I slept in the sand dunes, which was one of a kind experience. Sleeping in a desert is a whole different kind of experience, and I strongly wish that everyone gets to experience desert safari camp Jaisalmer once in a lifetime.
Apart from the desert and jeep safaris, you must also make sure that you visit amazing places like the Royal Havelis. They have amazing carvings. The Patwon- ki-Haveli, Nathmal-Ki- Haveli, and Salim Singh-Ki-Haveli are the best Havelis that you must visit in Jaisalmer. You can also find the amazing Gadisar Lake, which is a marvellous beauty in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer.
Few quick tips that I would like to share from my Jaisalmer Desert safari experience
1. Carry sunscreen. Loads of them. Jaisalmer is a really hot place. Of course, it is in the sand dunes of the Thar desert. Make sure you apply sunscreen every two to three hours so that your skin doesn’t end up developing sunburns.
2. As scorching as the day goes, the nights get colder than ice. Be prepared for it, and make sure you take your needed winter clothes that can keep you warm in the extreme cold. Desert safari camp Jaisalmer is an incredible experience and to have the best of experience in the night camp make sure you are prepared for the cold breeze.
3. Do not miss the night stay in the Jaisalmer desert. The desert safari camp Jaisalmer is the most amazing part of Jaisalmer. The bonfire, seeing the locals put up a show, and the authentic Rajasthan food is what makes the Jaisalmer desert popular and is something that you should not miss out on for sure.
4. Jaisalmer, on average, has nearly 400 tourists per day. This means you get to meet diverse tourists and interact with them. I would prefer that you pick private dunes if you would like to enjoy some privacy and want to chill with your close circle. If you are someone who would like to have a holistic experience by interacting with other people, then pick a public sand dunes package.
5. Search for package places that rightly fits your needs. There are many luxurious camping packages available and even affordable packages that you can choose from. So make sure you do thorough research and pick one which fits your needs.
6. Last but the most important point; Be aware of which climate you take your trip. You don’t want to be stuck in the scorching summer heat in the summer or neither the freezing cold. Somewhere between October to March, when the climate is neutral and bearable, is the right time to visit the Jaisalmer.
Visiting Jaisalmer was one of the best experiences of my lifetime. I visited Jaisalmer with my friends and had the best time of my life. I couldn’t imagine feeling so blissful otherwise. Honestly, desert safari camp Jaisalmer is one of the enchanting experiences that I have had. The feeling of serene and calmness that I experienced in the sand dunes at night is something that I can never forget and will reminisce about forever. Check out my space Gulshan Bafna for more incredible places that you must visit.
Gulshan Bafna is one of the luxury travelers in India. He, along with his wife, has traveled to many exotic places that one could dream. With their travel journey, they bring us the best face of those places. He compiles all of his travel journeys to give the taste of traveling to his readers. In his writing, he jots down the best things to do in all those places that he has visited. Reading these would help one know better about the place. He is also a seeker who loves exploring and discovering new places and share his experiences with everyone.