Travel Entrepreneurs In India Who Choose To Be Different
Posted On August 29, 2020
Yes, the field of tourism and travel as a stable career is still budding in India. For the most part, the country’s tourism is taken care of by the government itself. Times are changing, however, and the tourism scene is slowly witnessing the rise to prominence of travel entrepreneurs in India. These individuals are shaking up the travel niche in the country, paving their path as talented professionals in the process. What’s the secret source behind their monumental success? One way to look at it is the route of hard work. There’s the other route too, which is the way of smart work. Interested? Let’s find out how that works!
Wayfarer By Profession
The decision to base your entire career on traveling and selling your experiences to an audience doesn’t seem like a wise financial decision. On paper, that is. If you play your cards right, being a travel entrepreneurcould be a very lucrative career choice. To understand how the best travel entrepreneurs set themselves apart from the crowd, we need to do some groundwork first. How do the tour entrepreneurs manage their earnings and generate sustainable revenue from it? After all, it’s not your average 9-to-5 desk job! What are the essential elements behind running a successful business as a bonafide travel entrepreneur? Let’s find out!
The Core Elements
To be a successful entrepreneur in the tourism niche, you need to set a solid foundation first. You have to start with a bang to hit the ground running and launch your business successfully. To do that, you need to account for the fundamental factors for a travel-based business to flourish. Let’s run over a few of these factors here.
– The USP Sure, anyone can travel. What will set you apart from the competition is the unique experience you offer to your target audience. You need to find that signature pulse that can guarantee that people keep coming back to your brand. This USP is something only you can unearth and leverage.
– The Plan. Every travel entrepreneur in Chennai and beyond needs a solid game plan to get their business up. Tourism requires a significant financial investment because travel isn’t cheap! Before you grab your tickets and start writing, make sure the groundwork is ready for you to begin operations right away.
– Marketing. An effective marketing campaign will be the wind beneath your travel business’ wings. It helps your travel entrepreneurship take the spotlight and etch itself into your audience’s minds. For a travel brand, you’re usually going to want to opt for digital marketing campaigns. That way, you can chalk up a sizable reach under your brand name.
– A Voice. As a travel entrepreneur in India, you have to identify the potential to form a connection with your target audience. In short, you need to have a unique voice that forms the basis for the experience you offer to your target audience or customers. You’ll also need to decide the type of business you want to enter. Do you want to be a blogger or a travel agent? Make an informed decision and put yourself out there!
That’s what forms the crux of the travel entrepreneurbasics in the country. What constitutes the game-changing element of it, however? The following entrepreneurs in the tourism sector are blazing their path, making a mark in the industry in the process. Are you excited to meet them? Time for some discovery!
Upping The Travel Ante
– TraWork. Don’t we all feel that we’re not able to fit in enough travel in a year due to our hectic schedules? TraWork offers a viable solution to those looking for a reprieve from their busy work life. Founded by Vandita Purohit, a budding travel entrepreneur in India, TraWork aims to offer the best of both worlds to its clients. Relaxing at a vacation while not compromising on productivity sounds perfect, right? The startup’s tagline goes along the lines of travel while you work, and vice versa. They occupy a unique niche in the industry, with contacts that extend internationally over the years too. They’re going to be around for a very long time!
– Ithaka. The name sounds intriguing, right? Ithaka is the brainchild of two IIT Bombay graduates, Rahul and Ameya. Their focus is on providing an intricate tourism and sightseeing experience, tailor-made based on your preferences. Ithaka started small, plying to Southeast Asian countries like Thailand and Indonesia. They have grown in leaps and bounds since then. Today, Ithaka stands tall as one of the best travel startups for travel advice-based tourism.
– PickYourTrail. This startup is the brainchild of two travel entrepreneurs in Chennai. In the few years of its presence, PickYourTrail has grown to be a premier pick among people in the country. Founded by Srinath Shankar and Hari Ganapathy, PickYourTrail offers a highly specialized trip experience based on a wide range of parameters. Even international trips can be entirely customized based on traveler preference. There’s ample infrastructure in place at PickYourTrail, including customer chat support and recommendations for places to visit and restaurants.
– goMowgli. Last-mile connectivity is an essential requirement in travel itineraries. Mowgli looks to fill that void by providing dedicated hop-on, hop-off services for travelers. There’s so much flexibility involved with the platform. The startup offers a pass system, where the travelers can quickly get from point A to point B in their travels.
– Yatra. This platform may be a familiar name to most of you. That’s thanks to the efforts of Sabina Chopra, one of the most prominent women travel entrepreneurs in India. Yatra has set itself apart over the years as a hassle-free platform to book travel tickets, compare prices, and organize itineraries. Yatra has retained its name and reputation across the years for a seamless travel experience.
Travel entrepreneurs in India have been cementing their stature as talented professionals. This rise to prominence has been a promising sign for the industry as a whole. In the future, the Indian tourism industry can expand its horizons into new avenues. With efforts from entrepreneurs such as these, we can be sure that the journey is going to be quite the adventure!
Gulshan Bafna is one of the luxury travelers in India. He, along with his wife, has traveled to many exotic places that one could dream. With their travel journey, they bring us the best face of those places. He compiles all of his travel journeys to give the taste of traveling to his readers. In his writing, he jots down the best things to do in all those places that he has visited. Reading these would help one know better about the place. He is also a seeker who loves exploring and discovering new places and share his experiences with everyone.