Are you planning a trip to Pondicherry? It’s the perfect destination for a small trip with your friends and family. Make sure you book a resort before you land there for a warm and relaxed stay. Check out this blog for some quick info on some of the best resorts in Pondicherry.
P.S. Read till the end of the blog for an extensive 2-day itinerary in Pondicherry!
Table of Contents
Pondicherry is best known for its cute and quaint buildings, aesthetically pleasing cafes, famous beaches, historical french colonies, and other major attractions. If you’re planning a small and budget-friendly weekend getaway, this is the best place to be!
Since the city is also relatively small, you will not be too far from most attractions, beaches, and restaurants. I recently visited Pondicherry with my friends for a weekend and absolutely fell in love with its whole vibe.
Whether you want an adventure ride or a chill and laid-back vacation, Pondicherry can give you the best of both worlds. Trust me, you’ll love this trip for everything it has to offer.
Ring up your friends, book a nice and comfy resort for your stay, get your transport sorted, and head to Pondicherry right away!
7 Best Resorts in Pondicherry
1. Rainbow Eco Villa
If you are looking for a stay with the luxury and amenities of a resort but a vibe and comfort like your home, this is the place for you! I had the chance to stay at this villa with my friends recently when I was in Pondicherry, and obviously, I had to write about it.
Located in the heart of Auroville, amidst a serene neighbourhood surrounded by lush greenery, the Rainbow Eco Villa is one of the best resorts in Pondicherry for a weekend getaway. The villa invites you to unwind and relax in the comfort of your home with a wide choice of amenities and services for your convenience and security.
Fun fact: The villa was mainly built with natural materials to create an eco-friendly atmosphere. Isn’t that so cool?
So, why should you choose to stay in Rainbow Eco Villa?
Attentive staff with great hospitality
A lot of facilities and amenities
100% safe and hygienic atmosphere
Peaceful neighbourhood with zero disturbances
Home-cooked and yummy meals on request
This villa is also a great place to host intimate parties in late evenings when the light is dim, and the setting is dreamlike.
The Dune Eco Village and Spa is situated in Tamil Nadu along the Coramandel Coast, and comes with a private beach and an exquisite luxury spa. The community is created for visitors looking for a place to stay for a long time in comfort, serenity, and tranquillity. This 25-acre eco-friendly beach village features uniquely designed bungalows and cottages, making it the perfect stay amidst luxury and wellness.
Fitness centre with gym
Pricing: ₹9000 per night
Address: 70, East Coast Road, Pudhukuppam, Keelputhupet, Via Puduchery university, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu 605014
Contact:0413 265 0200
Book Here: www.dunewellnessgroup.com
3. Le Royal Park
Hotel Le Royal Park is a full-service, 3-star hotel in Pondicherry with a prime location in the heart of the city. The hotel is renowned for its familial atmosphere and warm, welcoming service. They provide a friendly atmosphere coupled with many convenient amenities.
Hotel Le Royal Park is often a preferred destination for corporate travellers visiting the city.
Minibar, tea and coffee maker
Doctor on call
Forex and travel assistance
Pricing: ₹6,500- ₹11,500 per night (based on rooms)
Ideally located in White Town (French Colony), La Villa is a beautiful stay in the quaint little town of Pondicherry. Due to its strategic location, you can easily access nearby landmarks and attractions like Promenade Beach.
The airy and spacious rooms of La Villa are draped in exquisite fabrics and decorated with modern pieces crafted from antique wood.
Indoor swimming pool
Doctor on call
Pricing: ₹14,000 per night
Address: 11, Surcouf St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001
K Resort has charming guest villas with balconies that are personally handcrafted by regional artisans, along with a full-service restaurant and a lounge bar. Its vast open areas, stone flooring, and rustic surroundings offer a unique fusion of modernism and heritage. It is the ideal setting for social gatherings, business meetings, and weddings.
24/7 room service
Pricing: ₹9,400- ₹24,200 per night
Address: No 1, Dr M.D.K. Kuthalingam Salai Ranganathapuram, SH 49, Koonimedu, Tamil Nadu 604303
Book Here: www.kresort.in
7. Ocean Spray
Ocean Spray is a premium resort centred around a 2-hectare man-made lake and is a 14-minute walk from the Bay of Bengal shoreline and 10 kilometres from Auroville Beach.
Ocean Spray is an iconic hideaway, back-to-nature, yet charming urban resort that is truly one of a kind in India. It’s also a great way to unwind and forget about the rest of the world.
Greek Bay is a luxurious resort in Pondicherry that was designed to resemble the scenic streets of Santorini and Mykonos in Greece. It offers breathtaking views of sunrise and sunset.
Each room at their opulent resort features a Greek-inspired design and a private balcony with views of the Bay of Bengal, which makes it the ideal spot to unwind as you soak up the sun and listen to the soothing sounds of the waves.
Spaces to relax
Car parking and driver accommodation
Pricing: ₹5000 per night
Address: 117/1A, Auro Beach Rd, Periyamudaliyar Chavadi, Tamil Nadu 605104
Book Here: www.greekbay.in
So, this was my list of some of the best resorts in Pondicherry that you can check out the next time you plan a trip to the city! From spacious and green spaces to luxurious and convenient amenities, these resorts are some unique picks for your vacation.
Make sure you plan an excellent itinerary and make the best of your trip to this French capital of India. As someone who’s been there before, I can assure you that you will love this city for its cute lanes and breezy beaches.
And if you’ve visited Pondicherry already, do let me know how you liked it in the comments below!
FAQs – Best Resorts in Pondicherry
1. What is the best resort in Pondicherry to visit with your family? Rainbow Eco Villa is a good option if you are looking for beach resorts in Pondicherry to spend quality time with your family. It offers homelike resort amenities like a private pool, laundry and room service, round-the-clock security, etc. This is ideal if you’re considering taking your family on a staycation!
2. What is the best resort in Pondicherry to go with friends? If you plan to visit Pondicherry with your friends, you can opt for a villa. A villa will have all the amenities and services you can get in a resort but at a more affordable price. Rainbow Eco Villa is an ideal place to visit with friends as it has all the resort amenities you want.
3. What is the most affordable resort in Pondicherry with swimming pool? If you are looking for the best and most affordable villa resorts in Ponidcherry with a swimming pool, there are a lot of factors to consider. One such resort is Rainbow Eco Villa. At an all-time affordable price, the villa offers endless amenities and facilities, making your stay very comfortable and convenient.
4. What is the cost of booking a resort in Pondicherry with swimming pool? It can cost between ₹5,000 and ₹7,000 per night. However, if you want a more luxurious resort, expect it to be somewhere between ₹12,000 and ₹15,000 a night.
5. What is the best resort in Auroville with a private swimming pool? Rainbow Eco Villa is a good option in Auroville. The property is situated in a peaceful neighbourhood surrounded by luscious vegetation. The villa also has a private pool and numerous additional amenities like outside furniture, a BBQ grill, and a tandoori oven.
Gulshan Bafna is one of the luxury travelers in India. He, along with his wife, has traveled to many exotic places that one could dream. With their travel journey, they bring us the best face of those places. He compiles all of his travel journeys to give the taste of traveling to his readers. In his writing, he jots down the best things to do in all those places that he has visited. Reading these would help one know better about the place. He is also a seeker who loves exploring and discovering new places and share his experiences with everyone.